The options for estimating capabilities are WSJF, T-shirt size, points, and team weeks. You need to set up the estimation method, which is described in the Configure Estimation Settings section.
To estimate a capability:
- Select Solution from the left menu bar.
- Under the Manage section of the menu bar, select Capabilities; the Capabilities page displays. Here, you can estimate capabilities and filter them by several options, including PI, program, release vehicle, backlog type, theme group, theme, text/tags, product, and process step.
- From the More Actions menu on the toolbar (top-right of the page), select Estimation.
- From the Program Increment drop-down menu, select the necessary PI or Unassigned Backlog.
- Set the estimate for each capability in the following way:
- If your estimation is configured for T-shirt size, points, or team weeks, select the estimate for each capability directly from the list.
- If your estimation is configured for WSJF:
- Click the WSJF icon next to a capability.
- Set Business Value, Time Value, RR/OE Value, and Job Size for each capability.
- Click View Calculations and Save, and then click Apply rank to Global Ranking (note that rank is applied to global rank only).
Note: For more information on WSJF, see the Estimation Methods Overview article. You can set the WSJF estimate along with the estimate in another system, if your administrator turns on the Use WSJF With Other Estimation Techniques option under Administration > Settings > Platform > Portfolio.
Join the Atlassian Community!
The Atlassian Community is a unique, highly collaborative space where customers and Atlassians come together. Ask questions and get answers, start discussions, and collaborate with thousands of other Jira Align customers. Visit the Jira Align Community Collection today.
Need to contact Jira Align Support? Please open a support request.