Supported Jira versions
The connector supports all Atlassian-supported Jira Software versions. See the Atlassian Support End of Life Policy for a full list of supported Jira Software versions.
Jira server information
1. Is your Jira instance accessible over the Internet? (*see below if No)
2. Does the Jira server have a publicly trusted SSL certificate? (https) (**see below if No)
3. What is the URL to access Jira Software?
Fill in the URL ___________________________________
* If both Jira Software and Jira Align are planned to be on site behind the firewall, then a VPN access for both the Jira Align engineer and the solutions architect is required. If no VPN access is provided to the Jira Align team, there is an additional license fee.
** You must obtain a publicly trusted SSL certificate from a certificate provider and install it on the Jira Software Server.
Jira user and project prerequisites
1. Create a Jira Software user specifically for the integration process and provide the user name and password to your assigned solutions architect. The user must have the following project permissions on all Jira Software projects that you plan to synchronize to Jira Align:
- Administer projects
- Browse projects
- Manage sprints
- Assignable user
- Assign issues
- Close issues
- Create issues
- Edit issues
- Link issues
- Modify reporter (if you consolidated the Create and Edit Jira Software screens)
- Resolve issues
- Schedule issues
- Transition issues
- Add comments
Additionally, the user must have the Browse Users and Groups global permission enabled in Jira.
Note: If your Jira instance includes users in languages other than English, ensure that your Jira service user's language setting is set to English (US or UK) in Jira, and do not use Jira user translations for issue type field values so that they match the default Jira issue type names (Epic, Story, etc.)
- Both the Create Issue and Edit Issue screens have the Jira Story Points field editable by the Jira Align user account.
- When a work item's state changes, the Jira Software workflow is configured to only require a reason for changing the state and no other fields are required. This is needed for the proper bidirectional syncing of state for stories and features (epics in Jira Software).
- To ensure project-specific mappings are correct, refer to the Jira Software API call below. Jira Administrators, replace "mycompany.atlasssian.net" with the URL for your Jira Software instance and replace "CON-79" issue key with an issue key ID from the project(s) that will be integrated with Jira Align.
API URLs for Jira connector
These are the four API-based URLs that the Jira connector requires.
The documentation for the above APIs can be found here: