You can use the Excel spreadsheet to import objects from other applications to Jira Align to work with the application more effectively and save time. You can import themes, epics, capabilities, features, stories, tasks, acceptance criteria (on the Stories sheet), test cases, test case steps, and defects. You can also import work codes on the Features and Epics sheets.
This topic describes the import of stories as an example.
Import stories from the stories page:
If you’re using the new navigation:
- Select Teams in the top navigation bar and select the team you want to import stories for.
- On the sidebar, select Stories in the list of options; the stories page displays.
If you’re using the old navigation:
- Select Team from the left menu bar.
- Under the Team section of the menu bar, select Stories; the stories page displays.
To import a story:
- On the stories page, select Import Stories/Criteria from the More Actions menu on the toolbar (top right of the page).
- On the Import your backlog using Excel page, click Download Template on the toolbar (top right of the page).
- After downloading the document, open it on your computer, and then complete the necessary fields.
- On the Import your backlog using Excel page, from the Program drop-down menu, select the program to which your work items belong.
- Click the Browse button, select the filled-in template from your computer, and then click Open.
Note: If you have troubles finding your spreadsheet, change the Format drop-down menu selection to All Types.
- Click Import Data on the toolbar to complete the procedure.